Sunday, September 19, 2010

Final 4 and Critique

I’ll admit, as soon as we were assigned this project I honestly thought it was going to be a breeze. I got all of my sketches done pretty quickly and didn’t have much trouble representing the different principals, or so I thought… I didn’t realize how long it would take to actually draw the squares out and go over them with sharpie. After the gruesome, painstaking hours of drawing circles and curved lines, i dug through all them trying to find the top four since i missed class the day the groups chose :/. I feel these were the best because they were the most precise and sleek looking and they all represent the principal i was aiming for decently, they all contain a good variation of sizes also. Some of my circles are a little off center but I tried to be symmetric to an extent with most of them. I could have taken a little more time to make sure that my final four were flawless but… I never want to draw circles for a month!! (at least). I could have made my lines a little more definite and smooth that way it wouldn’t be a little edgy looking. I don’t think I used the negative space as well as I should have, it just feels too empty and off lever in some places. If i had to redo this project i would most likely consider using construction paper instead of drawing with sharpie because it would be much cleaner and would have saved me a lot more time, and it would look more professional in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment