Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cardboard Critique

The Acorn Top!

My first thoughts on getting the acorn top for the project was "man, this is going to be a piece of cake!" but once i set down at actually looked at it up close, it became more of a nuisance. The acorn has a small triangular design from the stem to the base all fused together to make the half of a sphere. On these triangles the sides and the tops were lined with a white stripe down every individual piece and that’s where I realized its going to take a while to make. Once I got how I wanted to cut the pieces out down I ran into a problem while I was piecing them to the core/stem. I made my way work but it was very difficult to get the pieces where I wanted them exactly and it was hard to keep it all glued down. If I would have started over I would have started gluing from the bottom base to the stem that way I could get the spherical look to it instead of kind of blocky. But overall I had a really fun time doing this. I cant wait to do the monologue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment